Thursday, October 24, 2013

More about Danfili!

In the past week I was able to talk with the volunteer I am replacing to learn more about my post and I am so excited to get there! It sounds like I am right between Tibati and Ngaoundal, both of which have volunteers. I will be about an hour away from each. I won't have electricity or running water, BUT I will have an avocado tree in my front yard so I think it's a pretty good trade-off! I will have good cell service, which also potentially means internet. The town has a population of around 4,000 or 5,000, which is also exactly what I wanted! Many people in the town speak French, but a lot of the women only speak Fulfulde. We just started Fulfulde lessons this week and I am so so excited about it. It is tough because none of the words sound anything like English or French, but apparently verbs are only in three tenses so hopefully I can get a pretty good handle on it in the next two years! Now that I know where I am going I am so ready to get out of Bokito and move into my town. Luckily, we are almost at the end of week six out of ten!!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see! I'm not sure about an avocado tree being a good trade off for electricity or plumbing, but if you say so..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between your blog and your parents, I feel that I am keeping up with your life right now in Camaroon - and it's fascinating! Plus, today I got to play with Daisy.

    ReplyDelete