Tuesday, June 9, 2015

April Photo Update

"Bush Papaya" which doesn't actually taste much like papaya at all

The inside of bush papaya, or "doukoujay ladé" in Fulfulde

Some kind of starling on the outskirts of Danfili

The height of mango season.  Heading en brousse to find mangoes.  It's tough to see in the photos, but the trees are full of bright orange mangoes.

Nyandon with the loot of mangoes that him and his friend shook off the trees

Spontaneous picnic day to Lake Mbella with some friends who are high school teachers.  Msr. Ali and I practicing English with some trivial pursuit questions.

Msr. Aba roping some kid into taking him around in a pirogue right before the rain poured.

My sweet little Hawa and I

Habiba, my tailor friend who is teaching me how to sew clothes, and I

Hawa in the new outfit I made her

Alhadji Issa (my neighbor)'s kids

No comments:

Post a Comment